Tylavet 100ml Tylosin Tylan Tilavet Tilan Broad spectrum antimicrobial for Cattle, swine, sheep, goats, adult hens, dogs and cats
Solution for injection
Broad spectrum antimicrobial
Active substance: Tylosin tartrate 20 g
Excipients (benzyl alcohol, propylene glycol) ad 100 ml
The active substance tylosin is a macrolide antibiotic. It has significant germicide action against mycoplasma, Gram positive germs, some Gram negative germs and spirochetes. The product is recommended for treatment of mastitis in dairy cows because after parenteral administration, the antibiotic levels in milk are 5 times higher than the normal serum levels.
Cattle, swine, sheep, goats, adult hens, dogs and cats
Treatment of respiratory or genito-urinary infections, otitis, secondary infections associated with viral diseases or in postsurgical infections, as follows:
- poultry: in chronic respiratory disease,
- calves: in mycoplasma induced pulmonary diseases and bacterial pneumonia;
- cattle: in metritis, mastitis, respiratory infections;
- swine: in enzootic dysentery and pneumonia;
- sheep and goats: in agalactia and pleural pneumonia;
- dogs and cats: in leptospirosis;
Do not use in chickens and turkeys.
Do not use in animals with known hypersensitivity to any of the active substances or excipients.
A local reaction may occur at the inoculation site, which resolves by massaging the area and cold water compression.
METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION
The product is injected intramuscularly in the following doses:
– cattle: 100 mg tylosin tartrate / 10 kg body weight (0,5 ml Tylavet / 10 kg body weight), daily for 3 – 5 consecutive days
– swine: 100 mg tylosin tartrate / 10 kg body weight (0,5 ml Tylavet / 10 kg body weight), daily for 3 consecutive days
– sheep and goats: 100 mg tylosin tartrate / 10 kg body weight (0,5 ml Tylavet / 10 kg body weight), daily for 5 consecutive days
– dogs and cats: 5 mg tylosin tartrate / kg body weight (0,025 ml Tylavet / kg body weight), daily for 3 – 5 consecutive days
– chickens: 10 mg tylosin tartrate / kg body weight (0,05 ml Tylavet / 10 kg body weight), a single treatment can often be enough
Do not inject more than 10 ml per inoculation in cattle and 5 ml per inoculation in swine in order to avoid local reactions (lumps).
Meat: 8 days (cattle, swine, sheep and goats); 5 days (adult hens);
Milk: 7 days;
Eggs: 7 days;